1) To regain positivity and strength.
2) To restore self and purpose of living through seeking out the good things of life.
My name is Jennifer Barber and I set up MEcuperate in August 2012. Having been bed bound and housebound with ME for a number of years I felt a need to focus on the good things of life, such as, art, music, photography, poetry and all forms of creativity to help myself and others remain positive through difficult times. I feel inspired by those who fight the odds of chronic illness to cultivate and use their talents as a distraction, a way of coping and/or as ways of employment.
Without known cures we find alternative ways to treat or ease our illnesses and I also wanted a place we could share experiences of what helps us.
On MEcuperate you will find:
- Live Right – Informative articles by members who have tried and tested therapies that have helped; handy tips to make life easier.
- Inspirational Quotes,
- Recipes for healthy eating
- Get Creative – information and expert experience to get you started with : art; blogging; cake decorating; card making; creative writing; genealogy; graphic design; knitting; music; photography; poetry (more to be updated soon).
- About You – an interactive environment where visitors are encouraged to share their experiences in Your Stories, their talents through Your Creations or the gallery.
- Follow my blogs- Mummy and ME, for my experiences in trying to stay positive with a young family and chronic illness; and my new blog Seeking out the Good Things, documenting all the good things I see and read as I journey on the road of Creativity.
- Useful Links - a work in progress, regularly updated.
Your input is very welcome on MEcuperate to help others going through similar experiences. All submissions are warmly received and appreciated. Please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Live Right Handy tips for managing chronic illness; including juicing, housework, pacing and eating well.||Recipes Browse through healthy and ‘free from’ recipe ideas and tips to eat well.|
|Gallery Post photos of your hobbies and encourage and inspire others.||Your Stories Visitors to the site share their stories of their talents / hobbies; how they cope with chronic illness; their experiences. Submit your story to email@example.com|